How Women Rock Science is Making a Difference
- Funds from Women Rock Science seek to inspire and ignite curiosity in all children about STEAM fields and careers, but with an emphasis on young women.
- STEAM helps kids to become problem solvers by thinking creatively and asking questions - Cranbrook’s STEAM programs are helping to create a skilled and creative workforce for tomorrow.
- Funds raised through Women Rock Science support outreach programs delivered by Cranbrook Institute of Science to thousands of students across Michigan. Examples of programs include:
- 35,000+ students per year receive STEAM outreach programs in their classrooms, either in-person or virtually.
- 1,000+ customized science kits are delivered to classrooms each year.
- 25+ summer camp scholarships are offered to girls interested in STEAM at Cranbrook Institute of Science.
- The creation of a “Women in Science” lecture series which premiered in fall 2022 at the Institute of Science.
- 10 scholarships available for a Cranbrook Institute of Science girls-only week-long career bootcamp.
Want to learn more about how Women Rock Science is making an impact? Check out these videos to see Women Rock Science dollars in action!
Cranbrook Institute of Science Summer Camps
Cranbrook Institute of Science Outreach Programs
Holy Redeemer Field Trip
Watch the 2020 and 2021 galas on the Institute of Science’s YouTube channel:
For more information or questions, please contact Katja Thomakos, CFRE, Director of Development at email@example.com or 248.645.3220.