Cranbrook Institute of Science invites you to its members-only evening of your current changing exhibit. Treasure! explores the different types of treasure from around the world while also providing many hand-on activities to try!
- 6:30pm - Planetarium Show (Live Sky Tour)
- 7:30pm - Tutankhamun’s Fireball – the Mystery of the Desert Glass - Seating is limited: Pre-registration required
- A century ago the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun was discovered and has captivated the world ever since. Among the many artifacts recovered from the tomb was one in particular that puzzled scientists for decades: an elaborate pendant with a glass carving of unexplained origin. Join Curator of Earth and Space Sciences Dr. Andrew Gangidine for a 30-minute lecture (featuring touchable desert glass specimens and rare artifacts) on how this archeological discovery led scientists to look outside of Earth for answers.
- 8:30pm - Planetarium Show (Live Sky Tour)
- Scavenger hunt, hands-on activities
See Treasure! before it’s gone!