- Plan a Visit
- Explore the Institute
- About the Institute
- Acheson Planetarium
- Bat Zone
- Cranbrook Observatory
- Erb Family Science Garden
- Women of Vision
- Science of Sight, Light & Illusion
- Museum Rental
- QR Codes
- Speakers Bureau
- Comcast Museum Without Walls
- Astronomy & Space Science
- Earth Science
- People & Cultures
- Find Programs
- Seasonal & Special Events
- Planetarium Shows
- Bat Zone Tours
- Scouts at Cranbrook
- Young Scientists
- Members Only Events
- Discovery Center
- Summer Group Programs 2014
- Summer Camp 2014
- Get Involved
- Science Central
- Science News Feed
- Adjunct Curators
- Organization for Bat Conservation
- Watershed Education
- News Releases
- Geology of Michigan
- For Teachers
Scouts at Cranbrook 2014-15
REGISTRATION BEGINS AUGUST 4
Scouting at Cranbrook
Field trips to Cranbrook Institute of Science offer your Scouts the opportunity to work with professional scientists who are active in their fields and the chance to interact with a unique, world-class collection of objects and artifacts. Our experts work with your group to educate Scouts about a variety of scientific topics through interactive workshops and hands-on activities. Our goal is to supply Scouts with a spark of curiosity and wonder about their natural world, and the majesty of scientific knowledge. Workshop fees include the cost of general admission. Scouts are encouraged to come early, or stay late, to visit the Institute during regular museum hours.
Cranbrook Institute of Science is Michigan’s premier museum of natural history fostering in its audiences a passion for understanding the world around them and a lifelong love of learning.
|Cub Scouts||Webelos||Boy Scouts|
|Map & Compass||Naturalist||Chemistry|
|Wildlife Conservation||Fish and Wildlife|
|Soil & Water Conservation|
|Junior Girl Scouts Astronomy|
|Junior/Cadette Girl Scouts CSI|
Programs are offered October 2014 through May 2015. Advanced registration is required.
TWO Scout Leaders are admitted FREE for every ten Scouts from the same Pack/Troop!
- Minimum workshop size is 10 Scouts
- ONE chaperone is admitted FREE for every additional FIVE Scouts from the same Pack/Troop registered
- Additional chaperones are $10 each (includes museum admission)
- Additional chaperones are only charged once for same-day multiple workshops
- Additional Overnight Program Chaperones are $40 (includes museum admission)
- Due to space limitations, additional chaperones may not be able to participate in programming
- Pre-registrationis required. Walk-ins are not accepted.
- Member discount and free passes do not apply to workshops
- FOR REGISTRATIONS TOTALING LESS THAN $50 PER PROGRAM, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING BY TELEPHONE AT 248.645.3210
Planning your Scouting at Cranbrook Experience
Multiple workshops are often available on the same day. Sign up for more than one workshop on the same day and receive discounted pricing. Saturday workshop attendees should bring a clearly labeled lunch or you may stop by Reflections Café (11 am-3 pm Saturdays).
Workshop Prices include museum admission - plan arrival time accordingly to accommodate museum visit.
1.5 hour workshop - $10
2 hour workshop - $15 per Scout
2.5 hours - $20 per Scout
Discount for attending two or more workshops on the same day:
Two, 1.5 hour workshops - $18 per Scout
Three, 1.5 hour workshops - $25 per Scout
Two, 2 hour workshops - $25 per Scout
Three, 2 hour workshops - $35 per Scout
Boy Scout Merit Badge Workshops:
One, 3 hour workshop - $25 per Scout
Discount for attending two workshops on the same day:
Two, 3 hour workshops - $40 per Scout
Full Day workshops:
5 to 6 hours - $40 per Scout
$40 per Scout
These fun and colorful patches are great souvenirs to mark your visit to Cranbrook. They can be ordered when you register. Each patch is $3.
Workshop credit will be issued for cancellations made 21 days or more prior to the start of the workshop, without a fee. Cancellations made between 21 days and one hour prior to start of the workshop will be charged a $1 per scout fee. No refunds given for no shows and cancellation within one hour prior to the start of the workshop. Please contact the Scheduling Office at 248.645.3210.
FOR REGISTRATIONS TOTALING LESS THAN $50 PER PROGRAM, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING BY TELEPHONE AT 248.645.3210.
Available October through May.
Advance registration is required.
Call 248.645.3210 or