- Plan a Visit
- Explore the Institute
- About the Institute
- Changing Exhibits
- Acheson Planetarium
- Bat Zone
- Erb Family Science Garden
- Speakers Bureau
- Museum Rental
- QR Codes
- Comcast Museum Without Walls
- Astronomy & Space Science
- Earth Science
- People & Cultures
- Find Programs
- Get Involved
- Science Central
- Science News Feed
- Adjunct Curators
- Organization for Bat Conservation
- Watershed Education
- News Releases
- Geology of Michigan
- For Teachers
- Explore Museum Programs
- Museum Program Content Expectations
- Book a Museum Field Trip
- Distance Learning
- Special Group Programs
- Watershed Education
- Teacher Training
- Artology Detroit
- Art and Science on the Go
Scouts at Cranbrook 2013-14
Cranbrook Institute of Science is Michigan’s premier museum of natural history fostering in its audiences a passion for understanding the world around them and a lifelong love of learning.
Scouting at Cranbrook
Field trips to Cranbrook Institute of Science offer your Scouts the chance to work with professional scientists who are active in their fields and the opportunity to interact with a unique, world-class collection of objects and artifacts. Our experts work with your group to teach Scouts about a variety of scientific topics through interactive workshops and hands-on activities. After their visit, we hope to have supplied them with a spark of curiosity and wonder about their natural world, and the majesty of scientific knowledge. Workshop fees include the cost of general admission. Scouts are encouraged to come early, or stay late, to visit the Institute during regular museum hours.
These fun and colorful patches are great souvenirs to mark your visit to Cranbrook. They can be ordered when you register. Each patch is $3.00.
Planning your Scouting at Cranbrook Experience
Multiple workshops are often available on the same day. Sign up for more than one workshop on the same day and receive discounted pricing. Saturday workshop attendees should bring a clearly labeled lunch or you may stop by Reflections Café (11am – 3pm Saturdays).
Workshop Price (includes museum admission – plan arrival time accordingly)
- TWO Scout Leaders FREE for every ten Scouts from same Pack/Troop!
- Minimum workshop size is 10 Scouts
- ONE chaperone is admitted FREE for every additional FIVE Scouts from the same Pack/Troop registered
- Additional chaperones are $10 each (includes museum admission)
- Additional chaperones are only charged once for same-day multiple workshops
- Additional Overnight Program Chaperones are $35 (includes museum admission)
- Due to space limitations, additional chaperones may not always be able to participate in programming
- Member discount and free passes do not apply to workshops
- FOR REGISTRATIONS TOTALING LESS THAN $50 PER PROGRAM, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING BY TELEPHONE AT 248.645.3210
Advance registration is required. Program dates are scheduled from October 2013-May 2014. Registration begins July 15, 2013.
(includes museum admission – plan arrival time accordingly to accommodate museum visit)
Wednesday Webelos Workshops:
2 hours - $12
Friday Cub Scout Astronomy Workshops:
2.5 hours - $15
includes a 6pm planetarium program
One, 2 hour workshop - $12 per Scout
Discount for attending two or more workshops on the same day
Two workshops - $20 per Scout
Three workshops - $27 per Scout
Friday and Saturday Merit Badge Workshops:
One 3 hour workshop - $20 per Scout
Discount for attending two workshops on the same day
Two 3 hour workshops - $35 per Scout
Full Day workshops:
5 ½ to 6 hours - $35 per Scout
Friday Overnight Workshops:
$35 per Scout
FOR REGISTRATIONS TOTALING LESS THAN $50 PER PROGRAM, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING BY TELEPHONE AT 248.645.3210.
Available October through May.
Advance registration is required.
Call 248.645.3210 or