Scouts at Cranbrook 2019-20
Field trips to Cranbrook Institute of Science offer your Scouts the chance to work with museum professionals and the opportunity to interact with a unique collection of objects and artifacts. Our experts work with your group to coach Scouts through a variety of science topics using interactive workshops and hands-on activities that leave them with a heightened understanding of the natural world and a curiosity to learn more about the wonder of science.
Cranbrook Institute of Science is Michigan’s premier museum of natural history fostering in its audiences a passion for understanding the world around them and a lifelong love of learning.
Programs are offered October 2019 through April 2020. Advance registration is required.
Planning your Scouting at Cranbrook Experience
Multiple workshops are often available on the same day. Saturday workshop attendees should bring a clearly labeled lunch or visit our Reflections Café (open 11 am-3pm Saturdays).
- TWO Scout Leaders are admitted FREE for every ten Scouts from the same Pack/Troop registered
- Minimum workshop size is 10 Scouts
- ONE chaperone is admitted FREE for every additional FIVE Scouts from the same Pack/Troop registered
- Additional chaperones/adults are $10 each (includes museum admission)
- Additional chaperones/adults are only charged once for same-day multiple workshops
- Additional Overnight program chaperones/adults are $50 (includes museum admission)
- Workshop activities are for scouts only. Chaperones/adults may assist scouts with activities, but supplies are for scouts only
- Due to space limitations, additional chaperones/adults may not be able to participate in programming
- Advance registration is required and closes 10 days prior to event
- Late registration may be available by contacting the Reservations Office at 248 645-3210
- Late registration incurs an additional $2 per scout fee ($5 per scout for overnights)
- Walk-ins are not accepted
- Member discount and free passes do not apply to workshops
- Workshop fees include the cost of general admission. Scouts are encouraged to come early, or stay late, to visit the Institute during regular museum hours.
- Cranbrook patches are a fun and colorful way remember your visit to the Institute of Science. Patches can be ordered when you register for $3/per patch.
No refunds given. Workshop credit will be issued for cancellations made 21 days or more prior to the start of the workshop, without a fee. Cancellations made between 21 days and one hour prior to start of the workshop will be charged a $5 rescheduling fee per scout. No rescheduling for no-shows or cancellations within one hour prior to the start of the workshop. Please contact our Reservations Office at 248 645.3210 for changes to your registration. All credits must be used within the current scouting season (April 2020).